Calling All Little Farmers!
Experience farm FUNdamentals year round at the Ketcha Farm!
Drop in with your little ones for playtime, crafts, stories and educational activities. Learn all about farming and food from apples and pancakes to gingerbread and ice cream! Play with farm toys and visit the goats, bunnies, ducks, chickens and ponies. Sit upon the tractor, jump in the hay and learn to be a little farmer!
All New Winter Themes
January Warm Woollies
We’ll learn all about the farmers and sheep who bring us our warm woolly wear. We’ll read The Mitten and The Hat by Jan Brett, do wool crafts and play in the snowy barnyard!
February Sweet Treats
Does chocolate grow on trees? Yes! And farmers make our sweet treats possible. We’ll learn all about what goes into our tastiest treats, make our own chocolate from scratch, read some sweet stories and show some love to our farm animal friends.
March Maple Magic!
Sweet farming right here in Maine. As the weather warms and we’re all ready to shake off winter we’ll learn all about tapping, sapping, and boiling down maple syrup. And we’ll need to have some pancakes with that!
Monday March 2, 2020
Monday March 9, 2020
Monday March 16,2020
Monday March 23, 2020
Monday March 30, 2020
*Note that for the winter months we will be starting the program in our main building by the cozy and warm fireplace for story and activity time. After that we’ll bundle up for our visit to the barn.*
Interested to learn more?
Stop by the Ketcha Barn or contact our Education Director Kate Connolly.
Call: 207-883-8977 x 107
Or drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ketcha’s address is 336 Black Point Rd. Scarborough. However the barn entrance is around the corner on Spurwink Rd. (Route 77).
- We recommend using our preregistration so you can be assured of a place for your child.
- We also welcome drop ins based on availability.
- This is an open play group and a wonderful opportunity for parents and children to meet new friends!
- Dress to be outdoors and wear good muck boots to have fun in!
- All children must be accompanied by a participating adult.
- A signed waiver must be on file for all participating children by their parent or guardian.
- Recommended for children up to age 8.
- Mondays 9:30 am to 11 am.
- $10 per child. Children under age 1 are free.