Calling little farmers!
Join the fun at the Ketcha Barn each Monday morning.
Playtime, crafts, stories, farm toys and visits with the goats, bunnies, ducks, chickens and ponies. Sit upon the tractor, jump in the hay and be a little farmer! Experience farm FUNdamentals from apples, sunflowers and ladybugs to pumpkins, pancakes, gingerbread and ice cream!
See you on the farm!
Click on the dates below to register:
- September 9th – Fairy Flowers – Put on your fairy wings! Taste apples, make fairy flower crowns and discover the magic of apple blossoms to apple pie!
- September 16th – Ladybug Watermelon Picnic -Look for lady bugs, enjoy some wonderful watermelon, make lady bug super hero capes, and look out for ants!
- September 23rd – Butterfly Buddies – Learn about butterflies and other amazing pollinators, sip some ‘nectar’, and make a flower craft to take home.
- September 30th – Sunny Sunflowers – Celebrate sunflowers, make silly sunflower crafts, taste sunflower seeds and make sunflower butter.
- October 7th – Pirate Treasure Hunt – Find 4 gems in our garden to learn lots about plants, and make a take home treasure.
- October 14th – Scarecrow Jubilee – Learn about corn harvests and crows, eat some popcorn and make mini scarecrows to take home.
- October 21st – Jam Berry Day – Do you know “one berry, two berry pick me a blueberry”? We’ll learn all about berries of Maine and make some jam.
- October 28th – Pumpkin Parade – Paint and parade pumpkin creations, scoop and carve to make pumpkin pudding to eat.
- November 4th – Butter Making – Bring your muscle power to make your own butter! I’ts fun farmer work, and we’ll meet Carmen our cow.
- November 11th – Pancake Party – We’ll follow the farmer to gather what it takes to put pancakes together. And we’ll make pancakes, yum!
- November 18th – Bread Basket Day – We’ll grind our own grains, make little breads and learn about bread baking around the world.
- November 25th – Popcorn, Pickles & Pretzels Party – Salty or sweet? So many treats! We’ll explore tastes and textures of some favorite fun foods.
- December 2nd – Gingerbread Houses – We’ll explore and sample the special ingredients needed to make gingerbread, and make our own mini houses!
- December 9th – Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star – How we wonder what you are! We’ll sing and play to learn about star light and long nights.
- December 16th – Ice Cream Day – Celebrate the holidays by making ice cream, saying hello to Carmen our cow, and learning about Maine dairy farming.
Interested to learn more?
Stop by the Ketcha Barn or contact our Education Director Kate Connolly.
Call: 207-883-8977 x 107
Or drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ketcha’s address is 336 Black Point Rd. Scarborough. However the barn entrance is around the corner on Spurwink Rd. (Route 77).
- We recommend using our preregistration so you can be assured of a place for your child.
- We also welcome drop ins based on availability.
- This is an open play group and a wonderful opportunity for parents and children to meet new friends!
- Dress to be outdoors and wear good muck boots to have fun in!
- All children must be accompanied by a participating adult.
- A signed waiver must be on file for all participating children by their parent or guardian.
- Recommended for children up to age 8.
- Mondays 9:30 am to 11 am.
- $10 per child. Children under age 1 are free.